- The Base Village is the center of Sugarloaf activity and consists of the Sugarloaf Mountain Hotel, Village South, Village West, Village Center on Main Street and Gondola Village. This complex is surrounded by five major chairlifts and has direct access to the Base Lodge, the children’s programs, Perfect Turn, and our main area of beginner terrain. Step out your door to a variety of restaurants and shops. For those who want to be close to the action, you can’t beat this location.
- Classic Sugarloaf properties along Mountainside Road is mountain living at its best! Located high on the east side of the resort, these have been a perennial favorite for families looking for direct ski-in/ski-out or for a quick shuttle ride to the Village. This community offers both cozy and grand condominiums and homes-many of which are nestled along the Buckboard, Stub’s Glade Trails, Hamlet Circle, and Old Inn Road-in a variety of designs and sizes.
- Snubber Trail and its associated chairlift run up the center of the Mountain and serve as one of the main arteries for “condo-to-trail” access. Snubber Trail includes: Snowbrook Village, Timberwind, Westwind,The Commons, Woody Creek, the Sugarloaf Inn, Sugartree, Birchwood, Snowflower, Spruce Creek, Fall Line, Winters Way, Northwoods, Castle Creek, and Black Bear Lodges. Many of the properties in this neighborhood offer ski-in/ski-out access, and range in size from cozy studios to luxurious 6-7 bedroom homes.
- You won’t find another place like the Timbers on the mountain. With views that go on forever, these exclusive ski-in/ski-out townhouses are located slopeside just above the SuperQuad. Built of rugged “mountain” construction, and with the warm ambience of comfortable living, this is where luxury lifestyle meets four seasons of outdoor adventure.
- Snowbrook Village is situated on 25 acres at the base of the mountain and adjacent to the Snubber chairlift and trail. With its own ice skating pond, tennis courts, indoor pool complex including three hot tubs, a sauna and common room, this neighborhood is considered one of the best places on-mountain for fun-loving families.
- West Mountain Village, Timberline, Penobscot Circle, and Riverside are adjacent to the West Mountain chair and trail, these single-family homes, home sites and condominiums offer the best of both worlds—the natural beauty and solitude of the Maine wilderness and the bustle of an active year-round community. The legendary Sugarloaf golf course borders this magnificent community with awe-inspiring views.
- In Village on the Green distinctive condominiums and homes, built along the wilderness fairways of the Robert Trent Jones II-designed golf course, complement the natural beauty of this four-season resort. This neighborhood of distinctive architectural designs exhibits a true sense of space. The duplex condominiums generally have 3 to 4 bedrooms, brick fireplaces and heated garages, while the homes-each individually crafted-range in size from 3 to 7 bedrooms, with many special and unique features that appeal to a wide range of personal tastes.
- Those folks wanting to be close to the action, but still retain a sense of privacy, will want to experience unique residential communities, Spruce Knoll, Twinbrook, Sugarloaf Village I and II, featuring spacious lots, most of which have views of Sugarloaf and surrounding mountains. These include newly constructed, as well as the classic Sugarloaf homes, and have shuttle access to the resort.
The Valley and south
Home to the original "Sugarloafers," the Valley roads and classic neighborhoods are dotted with small chalets, as well as modern contemporary homes and cabins. From Kingfield to the Sugarloaf Access Road, you will find an eclectic collection of various styles, designs and architecture, starting with the old-time A-frames of the '50s and '60s, and evolving to log cabins, Adirondack-style lodges, and massive homes with all the comforts of a modern ski resort town.
North of the Mountain
You will find a variety of homes and camps to accommodate the full array of activities the Great Maine Woods has to offer. Whether you are a skier, snowmobiler, hunter, fisherman, hiker, swimmer, or love doing all of the above, the staff at Mountainside Real Estate can help you find your own piece of the Maine wilderness.